Imagine a student sitting in front of a laptop screen with a twinkle in their eyes and a smile on their face. Are they texting a loved one? No. They are writing a research paper on a topic they are interested in.
exclusive & plagiarism-free paper
Want to turn your essay writing process into a pleasurable experience? We know how to help you!
Inspire by our comprehensive list of research paper topics on various themes and select the one that fits your interests the most. Also, find handy tips and valuable insight on writing a research project in this article.
❗Why Is Research Important?
Research plays a vital role in modern society and opens a gate to the world of knowledge. The key objectives of the research are to collect evidence for supporting or rejecting hypotheses, expand knowledge, and contribute to the development of a specific field of study.
The significance of research for the progress of humanity cannot be underestimated. People use it daily to develop the world and bring the quality of life to the next level. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common research purposes.
exclusive paper on any topic
in only 3 hours
|To facilitate learning processes||One of the successful person’s characteristics is their constant striving for learning. At first sight, it might seem that research is needed only for students to get their degrees. However, real life requires continuous development. Thus, research accompanies successful people throughout their lives and helps boost their expertise and expand their horizons.|
|To succeed in business||Have you ever heard of market research? It helps to investigate the market and determine the value a product or service brings customers. In-depth market research plays a crucial role in building a successful product or service production, promotion, and distribution strategy. Hence, research is an integral part of efficient business management.|
|To raise public awareness||Research helps to analyze society and determine its flaws, problems, and issues that need an instant resolution. By interacting with people and investigating the social environment, researchers can indicate the problems and develop strategies for their solutions and further prevention.|
|To differentiate lies and truth||The modern media space is overflooded with information. The news, insights, and current trends come from various sources. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to separate valid information from fake news. In such cases, research becomes an ultimate helper. By investigating trustworthy literature and relying on solid facts, an individual can determine the truth and prevent themself and others from becoming a victim of gossip.|
|To progress||Research provides an unlimited number of opportunities. Investigations and experiments allow researchers to develop new medical treatments, come up with innovative ideas for technological development, and solve complex social problems. The appropriate application of research practices leads to positive outcomes in every field of study.|
Overall, research is an ultimate tool for human development. Therefore, knowing the basics of research is a must-have for any individual striving for success.
🎨 Art Research Paper Topics
The world of art is fascinating and breathtaking. Being full of controversies and uncovered secrets, the art theme offers a variety of essay ideas. Let’s dive deep into the atmosphere of creativity and inspiration together! Find a list of excellent art research paper topics below.
- Literature as a reflection of current social problems.
- The influence of politics on art.
- The interconnections between art and religion.
- Factors that provoked the development of art in Ancient Greece.
- Victorian beauty standards and their reflection in paintings.
- The secret of Mona Lisa.
- Globalization as the main threat to cultural diversity.
- The concept of sustainability in art.
- The role of art in children’s cognitive development.
- The impact of The Canterbury Tales on the development of Americal literature.
- Freudian interpretation of the Black Square by Malevich.
- Giorgione and the High Renaissance in Venice.
- Is digital photography an art form?
- Leonardo da Vinci’s influence on modern art.
- The effects of the digital age on art.
- Visual art as a cure.
- The theme of racism in Shakespeare’s Othello.
- Late Baroque architecture and its influence on modern architecture.
- The role of national dances in preserving the cultural identity of a nation.
- Ancient Greek theater and its impact on the development of the theatre industry.
- Street art as the most controversial form of modern art.
- Nudity in paintings: art or pornography?
- Extraordinarily of Pablo Picasso’s artworks.
🐒 Biology Research Topics for College Students
Composing a biology research paper is a challenging task since the discipline covers an enormous number of topics. However, if you select a good topic, your essay writing process will go smoothly.
To ease your life, we collected the best biology research topics for college students in one place. Check them out right now!
- The effect of climate change on biodiversity.
- The role of DNA in human organisms.
- Patterns of bird migrations.
- Methods of strengthening the human immune system.
- Positive and negative sides of using pesticides in farming.
- Genetic factors that have an impact on the embryo’s development.
- How does neurobiology explain mental health diseases?
- Biological perception of abortions.
- The impact of the natural water cycle on climate change.
- The metabolism functions of the plants.
- Does genetics predispose homosexuality?
- The causes of cellular metabolism in marine creatures.
- Microarray data analysis: effectiveness and limitations.
- Why are Charles Darvin’s theories still relevant today?
- The transportation of oxygen in blood cells.
- The theory of evolution.
- Dominant genes vs. Recessive genes.
- Application of neurobiology knowledge in organic farming.
- Is human cloning ethical?
- The impact of plant diseases on food production.
- Growing 100% organic food.
- Are dolphinariums ethical?
- How does a dog’s brain work?
- Did humans come from monkeys?
- The role of photosynthesis in nature.
- Should zoos be banned?
- The dark side of fertilization.
👨🎓 Educational Research Topics for College Students
Are you into pedagogy and learning? The theme of education offers an unlimited number of research ideas. Get inspired by our education research topics.
by using our discount!
- Advantages and disadvantages of bilingual education.
- Is the educational system at Montessori schools effective?
- Why should PE lessons be obligatory?
- Is combining studying and a job worth doing?
- The influence of COVID-19 on education.
- The benefits of acquiring education in a multicultural environment.
- The impact of technological advancement on education.
- How does homeschooling affect children’s communication skills?
- E-books vs. printed books.
- The significance of developing critical thinking skills in primary school.
- How to deal with academic misconduct in college?
- School uniform: a discipline requirement or an individuality killer?
- Dual language programs vs. immersion programs.
- Parents’ role in their children’s literacy.
- Bullying and self-esteem problems.
- The phenomenon of indigo children: nature vs. nurture.
- The effects of behavior on grades and vice versa.
- Dealing with bullying in schools.
- Single-gender classes: for or against?
- Should higher education be free for everyone?
- Educational opportunities for disabled students.
- Should higher education be cheaper?
- Going to university vs. going to work after school.
- Will technologies replace teachers?
- Inclusive education practices.
- Should children with Down’s syndrome study in separate classes?
- Motivating children to attend school.
- Homework-free teaching practices.
- Same-gender classrooms: pros and cons.
- Should classes start later?
- Acquiring a career in education.
- The importance of finding an individual approach for every student.
- Ways of improving the American education system.
- The benefits of studying abroad.
- Getting higher education at an older age: challenges and ways to overcome them.
- The role of a teacher in forming children’s social behavior in primary school?
- Should pre-school education be obligatory?
- The significance of digital literacy for modern education standards?
- Homeschooling: advantages and disadvantages.
- Teaching children with ADHD.
- How do teachers ensure the confidentiality of students’ grades in schools?
- Financial aid for talented students: the moral side of the issue.
- Do art and sports schools provide high-quality education?
- The effectiveness of online courses.
- How to deal with information overload at college or university?
- The correlation between class attendance and knowledge retention.
🌎 Environmental Research Topics for College Students
Global warming, air pollution, overpopulation, biodiversity loss, waste disposal, deforestation… Can you continue this list? Environmental concerns have remained at the center of attention for the last couple of decades. Thus, the topic offers a number of essay ideas.
Let’s preserve the Earth together! Look at our list of environmental research topics for college students and prepare to compose your paper.
- The current status and potential of solar energy research.
- Technologies and the environment: positive and negative sides.
- Zoos should become illegal.
- The effect of commercial fishing on ocean biodiversity.
- Exploring greener alternatives to plastic.
- Seven sins of greenwashing.
- Illegalization of plastic bags.
- How to interpret ecolabels?
- Fast fashion and its impact on nature.
- Key principles of responsible consumption.
- The role of the government in regulating air quality.
- How do free trade agreements affect ecology?
- Reduction of CO2 emissions in the atmosphere.
- The impact of coal-burning plants on the environment.
- Bicycle use as a way to reduce air pollution.
- Lakeshore development consequences.
- The pros and cons of the cultivation of genetically modified crops.
- Solid waste management in developing countries.
- Are electric vehicles indeed better for the environment?
- How to deal with the loss of biodiversity in the Amazon forests?
- The impact of GMOs, pesticides, and herbicides on human beings.
⚧️ Gender Research Topics
Over the years, debates about gender roles and stereotypes have remained a controversial issue. The variety of opinions creates a set of common standards about the genders and their place in society.
Do you need to compose a paper on gender, but you are stuck with the topic? No worries! You are on the right page. Our experts have collected the best gender studies essay topics for you.
- How do certain ads perpetuate gender stereotypes?
- Tolerance towards the LGBTQ+ community.
- Gender prejudices in sports.
- Breaking gender stereotypes created by mass media.
- Women, family, and gender in Islamic law: changes in the 21st century.
- The illegalization of abortion is a violation of women’s rights.
- Glass ceiling and ways of overcoming it.
- Idealized female portrayal in ads.
- Unrealistic beauty standards for women.
- The concept of body positivity and its role in modern society.
- Gender stereotypes in Othello by William Shakespeare.
- Gender dysphoria: signs and causes.
- Legalization of same-sex marriages: pros and cons.
- Maternity leave vs. paternity leave.
- Gender inequality in schools and ways of overcoming it.
- The role of parents in determining a child’s sexual orientation.
- A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen: themes of gender inequality and feminism.
🩺 Health Research Topics for College Students
An apple a day keeps a doctor away! But is one apple enough to keep your organism strong and healthy? How to keep care of yourself? What improvements can be made in the healthcare sector?
write you a plagiarism-free paper
tailored to your instructions.
Compose an outstanding paper on health. Choose an essay idea from our list of health research paper topics.
- The influence of family relations on a teen’s awareness of venereal diseases.
- Family income and incidences of childhood obesity.
- Exercise and sleep deprivation in women.
- First contact between mothers and newborns.
- The effect of drugs on an organism’s operation.
- The correlation between sleep quality and general well-being.
- Screen use regulations for the prevention of visual impairment.
- How to avoid antibiotic resistance in children?
- Diseases caused by having unprotected sex.
- Correlation between mental and physical health.
- Sedentary lifestyle and its negative consequences for health.
- Teenage pregnancy outcomes.
- The effect of air pollution on public health.
⚖️ Law Research Paper Topics
Writing a law paper is challenging since it requires a lot of attention to detail. Students must choose a catchy and relevant topic that offers a practical solution to the problem.
To ensure the appropriateness of your essay theme, take a look at our comprehensive list of law research paper topics. Our experts collected ideas that will lead you to success!
- International protection of human rights.
- Self-control theory vs. social control theory.
- Legal and moral sides of abortion.
- The role of business law in launching an enterprise.
- Is there a possibility of total freedom of speech?
- Methods of sex trafficking prevention.
- The role of international law in peacekeeping.
- Crime prevention methods.
- The importance of raising awareness about cybersecurity.
- Should capital punishment be allowed?
- How can government lower the rates of domestic violence?
- Child labor exploitation in underdeveloped countries.
- Copyright law in modern media space.
- The Hague International Court of Justice’s role in investigating war crimes.
- Can terrorists be executed?
- Corruption in the criminal justice system.
- Juvenile arrest: should parents be responsible for their kids’ crimes?
- Should citizens have the right to change their names?
- Ridiculous laws in the US: in Missouri, it’s illegal to drive with an uncaged bear.
- Should civil unions (same-sex and hetero) have the same rights as married couples?
- Is it fair for celebrity divorces to divide property acquired during the marriage?
- Similarities and differences between American and European criminal law systems.
- Sexual harassment in the workplace.
📚 Literature Research Topics
When it comes to literature research, there is a never-ending list of essay ideas. The fascinating world of literature offers a variety of topics for research. Being too overwhelmed with the paper ideas, students often get confused. But we are here to help you! Find the best world literature research paper topics below.
- Is William Shakespeare really the author of the works attributed to him?
- British literature during the Victorian period.
- The role of literature in shaping social norms.
- The theme of feminism in modern pieces of literature.
- The portrayal of female characters in Asian literature.
- Wit, beauty, and truth as the main characteristics of Renaissance literature.
- Ernest Hemingway: was there any sense in writing 47 endings for A Farewell to Arms before choosing the final variant?
- Can the main idea of Romeo and Juliet be bad for youth?
- The portrayal of WWII horrors in the book Night by Ellie Wiesel.
- The mechanisms through which reading teaches empathy.
- Women’s role in the tragic play Othello by William Shakespeare.
- Antigone as an early feminist play.
- How is history reflected in literature?
- Anorexia and Eve’s sin: the cultural myth in the biblical text.
- Lessons that readers can learn from The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- Response essay in “The Automatic Millionaire” by David Bach.
- The role of the fairytales in raising children.
- The secret of Happy Potter’s popularity.
- “A Good Man Is Hard to Find” by Flannery O’Connor: personal response.
- The accuracy of historical novels.
- Why is The Odyssey iconic?
- Satire, sarcasm, and irony in literature: how to differentiate?
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer as a reflection of social classes in Middle England.
- Personal response to “Mother Tongue” by Amy Tan.
- What impact did American Revolution have on American literature?
- The main idea of The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde.
- Distinctive features of the children’s literature.
- 1984 by George Orwell: how could the author predict the future so accurately?
- Why is The Adventures of Tom Sayer and Huckleberry Finn a must-read for everyone?
- The influence of Greeks and Romans on Western literature.
- The effect of digitalization on the consumption of literature.
🏥 Medical Research Topics for College Students
The importance of medical research cannot be underestimated. Thanks to the continuous work of scientists, we receive new drugs, methods of illness treatment, and ways of disease prevention.
Make your input to the development of the medical field. Compose a paper on one of the medical research topics for college students prepared by our highly qualified experts.
- Is vaccination the most effective way to prevent infections?
- Medical conspiracy theories.
- The ethical aspects of genetic engineering.
- Cancer prevention strategies.
- The role of biomedical screening in diagnosing illnesses.
- Screenings and gynecologic cancer prevention.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases: similarities and differences.
- HIV infection: the role of genetic factor in HIV curve.
- Prevention and management of type 1 diabetes in children.
- Factors that help to reduce the risk of sudden death infant syndrome.
- Specifics of cognitive development of children with Daun’s syndrome.
- Brain modifications caused by a stroke.
- Central lateral thalamus damage and its effect on controlling consciousness.
- Ethical considerations of genetic research.
- Virus prevention strategies during pandemics.
- The effect of air pollution on public health.
- The significance of genetic studies for the prevention of hereditary diseases.
🎼 Music Research Paper Topics
From ancient times, music has been present in all cultures and countries. It reflects the national spirit and reveals cultural identity. Therefore, the role of music in our lives cannot be underestimated.
Wondering what to write about? Take a look at our list of music research paper topics and inspire to create your outstanding essay!
- Can listening to Mozart make someone smarter?
- Can hard rock have a negative influence on listeners’ sleep patterns?
- The role of soundtracks in viewers’ perception of thriller movies.
- The evidence that there was music in the ancient Near East.
- Female composers: Barbara Strozzi and Francesca Caccini.
- The attitudes of churches towards music.
- How can music preferences shape a person’s worldview?
- The Beatles’ impact on the development of rock music.
- The interconnections between music and theatre.
- The influence of pop music on social values.
- Is Eurovision indeed an apolitical song contest?
- The importance of developing a unique music taste.
- Can rap music provoke teenagers’ bad behavior?
- Do melodies from the Renaissance period have hidden symbolism?
- The role of music in the movie industry.
- How can melodies create a mood?
- Music classes should be compulsory in primary school.
- Are there good and bad music genres?
- The use of classical music in treating psychological disorders.
- How does pop music set beauty standards?
- The role of music in the advertising industry.
- The impact of metal music on the mental wellbeing of a listener.
- Sound therapy: pros and cons.
- Censorship in the music industry.
- Will technologies shape the music genres of the future?
- Rap is for black-skinned people: a truth or a prejudice?
- What would the world look like without music?
- Paid music streaming services vs. pirate websites.
🍖 Nutrition Research Topics for College Students
An American neurologist Adelle Davis recommended, “eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” Wondering what was the core of her message and how our eating habits influence our bodies?
A research paper on nutrition will help you discover the most exciting insights about food and health. And our list of nutrition research paper topics will inspire you to come up with a great essay idea!
- Side-effects of vegetarianism.
- Saturated vs. unsaturated fatty acids.
- Nutrients that are essential for skin, hair, and nail health.
- Breaking the most common myths about the food pyramid.
- Is there a link between dairy product consumption and acne?
- The effect of caffeine intake on the human organism.
- Is it essential to count the calories of every food intake?
- Ways of healthy weight loss.
- Can alcohol be a component of a healthy diet?
- The link between diet and cognitive performance.
- Sugar-free lifestyle: pros and cons.
- Methods of eating disorders prevention.
- Is vegetarianism good for children?
- Risks associated with the consumption of GMO crops.
- The moral side of meat and fish consumption.
- Should fast-food restaurants be banned?
- The effects of phytochemicals on teenage girls’ self-perception.
- Can soy be used to replace meat fully?
- Is eating fast food better than skipping meals?
- Is vegetarian eating related to health and longevity?
- The rational basis for religious eating principles (for example, Muslims not eating pork).
- Can eating disorders (such as anorexia and bulimia) be explained by the advent of television?
- Dangerous nutrition practices in different cultures.
- Milk consumption by adults: pros and cons.
🤯 Psychology Research Paper Topics
How do we fall in love? What is attachment? How do neurons transmit signals to the central nervous system? How do our bodies cope with stress? Write a psychological essay to find the answers to these and more questions. Our experts gathered the most successful psychology research paper topics for you!
- The barriers to breast self-examination in different age categories.
- Stress coping strategies in rural teen mothers.
- Psychological explanation of homosexual relationships.
- The influence of social media on the development of the inferiority complex.
- What is love from the psychological perspective?
- Sigmund Freud’s explanation of human sexuality.
- Childhood trauma and its adverse effects on adulthood.
- The impact of confirmation bias on everyday life.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: symptoms and treatment.
- Maslov’s input in the development of psychology.
- The role of emotional intelligence in children’s cognitive development.
- The effects of single parenting on kids’ perception of family.
- Postpartum depression and ways of overcoming it.
- Causes of PTSD in the workplace.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: causes, symptoms, treatment.
- Antidepressants: pros and cons.
- Psychological disorders among older adults caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Psychological practices for overcoming phobias.
📿 Religion Research Paper Topics
Religion has been an integral part of civilizations since ancient times. People’s perceptions and beliefs are continuously developing with the world’s progress, creating a space for research and investigations. So, dive deep into the spiritual world and compose an exemplary essay. Get some ideas from our religious studies paper topics.
- Reasons for becoming an atheist.
- How does Islam influence the politics in the West?
- The impact of religious beliefs on democracy.
- Religion and the LGBTQ+ community.
- The Bible and the Quran: similarities and differences.
- Religious views on wars and terrorism.
- The mystery of reincarnation.
- Does religion have any influence on economics?
- The importance of tolerance towards different religions in a multicultural community.
- Reflection of religion in literature.
- Abortion and child control through the lens of religion.
- Corruption in churches in the modern world.
- The importance of marriage from a religious perspective.
- Is Christianity rational?
- Why is there more than one religion in the world?
- Views on post-death experience in different religions.
- How can the existence of Jesus be proved?
- Intersections of science and religion.
- Why does Christianity have so many branches?
🧬 Science Research Topics for College Students
Science is one of the fundamental driving forces of humankind. It offers an unlimited number of research ideas. Being too overwhelmed with the subjects of research, students often get confused and experience difficulties with the topic selection. But with our help, you don’t need to worry! Find our list of the best science research paper topics below and create your exemplary academic work!
- Is it possible to live on Mars?
- The future of cryptocurrency.
- Animal testing for scientific purposes: pros and cons.
- The effectiveness of vaccines.
- How can the problem of space junk be solved?
- The role of blockchain technology in cybersecurity.
- Are electric vehicles indeed better for the environment?
- Discovering new sources of alternative energy.
- The role of photosynthesis in improving crop yield.
- The role of molecular biological research in discovering new medicaments.
- Geoengineering and its perspectives in the modern world.
- How to minimize the danger of nuclear energy.
- The effect of global warming on the spreading of tropical diseases (e.g., malaria and dengue).
- The role of political science in regulating wars.
- The most effective ways of preventing global virus spreading.
- How can scientists avoid the transmission of genetic abnormalities from parents to children?
- Will space tourism become popular in the future?
- The role of chemical research in developing new cancer treatment methods.
- Innovative technologies and their influence on biochemical experiments.
- How do UV rays affect the human organism?
- The use of nanotechnology for medical purposes.
- Effective recycling of toxic waste.
- Applying high tech for enhancing agriculture.
- Factors that cause skin cancer.
- Positive and negative sides of genetic modification.
- Will self-driving cars appear in the nearest future?
- Do cell phone microwaves have an adverse effect on human health?
- Is it possible to discover medicines for epilepsy treatment?
- Artificial insemination: advantages and disadvantages.
- The effect of psychoactive drugs on the central nervous system.
👪 Social Science Research Topics for College Students
Sociology has always been at the center of researchers’ attention. Starting from the pre-historical era, communities have been shaping their social standards that were continuously developing with the time flow. Thus, social science has numerous unsolved secrets you can investigate in your essay.
Experiencing some challenges with the topic selection? We are here to help you! Our list of social science research topics for college students contains a lot of insightful ideas.
- The attitude towards LGBTQ+ communities around the world.
- How not to get involved in a cyberbullying attack?
- Should the government control birth rates?
- The importance of peoples’ political literacy.
- Corruption overcoming methods.
- Does total freedom of speech exist?
- Are poverty and drug addiction connected?
- The importance of sex education for preventing teenage pregnancy.
- Are nursing homes ethical?
- Overcoming child abuse in the USA.
- The influence of society on an individual’s personality formation.
- Globalization as the main threat to cultural diversity.
- Methods of creating an ideal microclimate in the workplace.
- Social inequality in the modern world.
- Overcoming poverty in African states.
- Socializing skills of children raised in single-parent families.
- The influence of social media on users’ psychological well-being.
- The role of television in creating gender stereotypes.
- Did COVID-19 lockdown develop problems with socialization?
- Online vs. face-to-face communication: comparison and contrast.
🏀 Sports Research Paper Topics
Are you pursuing a sports-related degree? Then writing a sports essay should be a common task for you. And we know the secret of turning your paper writing process into an exciting task! Just choose one of the ideas from our list of sports research topics. Our expert selected the most interesting themes for you.
- The problem of emotional burnout among athletes.
- Why should PE lessons be compulsory at schools?
- Are extreme sports worth doing?
- The effect of mental health on athletic performance.
- The effect of daily morning exercises on the human body.
- Is dancing a sport?
- The role of discipline for successful a sports career.
- How to accept losses with dignity?
- Should some performance-enhancing drugs (e.g., creatine) be allowed?
- How did the increase in ticket prices affect professional sports?
- Do teams with potentially offensive names have to change them (for instance, the Washington Redskins or the Cleveland Indians)?
- Are crowd-pleasing activities bad for professional sporting events?
- Are celebrity athletes responsible for being role models to youths?
- Should professional tennis players use only personalized rackets?
- The history of the Olympic Games.
- The importance of an emotional connection between an athlete and a coach.
- Physical and psychological recovery after sports injuries.
- Professional sports in childhood: pros and cons.
- The history of Paralympic Games.
- Should transgender athletes play for men or for women?
- The effect of exercises on the physical wellbeing of people with heart diseases.
- The effect of steroids on athletes’ heart health.
✍️ How to Start a Research Paper
Now, as you have selected an ideal topic for your research paper, it’s time to start the writing process. At first sight, it might seem that it will take ages to compose a comprehensive essay. But wait. No worries! With proper workload organization, you will create outstanding academic work in the shortest time. Continue reading to learn the most useful writing tips!
Narrow Down Your Topic
Before writing your paper, make sure you selected a good topic. One of the most common problems among students is having a too broad or too narrow topic. Let’s dive into more details!
Your topic is too broad if:
- There are too many sources available on your topic, and you find it difficult to connect them;
- You feel like you are incapable of focusing on one idea because more sub-topics pull out throughout your research process;
- It seems like you will be unable to cover the topic fully and fit into the required word count.
Your topic is too narrow if:
- You cannot find enough scholarly sources;
- You realize that the answer to your research question is too simple;
- You feel like you will lack ideas, and the paper will not reach the required word count.
In case you realize that your topic does not correspond to the assignment’s requirements, try to work on it. If your topic is too broad, narrow it down by picking one of the sub-topics that comes to your mind. Make sure that you can concentrate on a specific research question that will bring you to concrete outcomes.
Is your topic too narrow? Use this strategy vice versa. Think of the additional ideas that come to your mind and try to incorporate them into one topic.
The success of a research paper lies behind the proper usage of the sources. For college or university assignments, academic sources are preferred over the other ones. Let’s take a closer look at the trustworthy sources that you can use for your research paper.
|Academic journals||Academic journals provide the most up-to-date information and rely on cutting-edge research. So, this is a perfect source if you need a modern look at an issue. Moreover, articles in academic journals are often peer-reviewed. This means that the research goes through multiple stages of verification by the experts before being published. Thus, academic journals contain only trustworthy information you can fully rely on.|
|Books||Books contain fundamental knowledge on a given topic. So, if you need to make an in-depth investigation or find theories, books will help you with that. But keep in mind that the publishers must be verified. University presses are considered the most trustworthy book publishers.|
|Websites||Of course, in the digital era, the Internet is one of the most powerful sources of information. However, it should be used wisely. Choose only credible websites that contain verified information. For academic research, educational and governmental websites are appropriate. The URLs of trusted online sources should end with .gov or .edu.|
And how about Wikipedia? Well, it is quite popular among students, but to ensure the credibility of the facts that you present in your research, avoid using it. Wikipedia allows its users to edit information at any time. Thus, the website often contains unverified and false facts.
|Newspapers||Newspapers can provide you with valuable information on current issues. Archives can be helpful if you are searching for historical data. However, be careful with newspapers because they can be tricky. Rely only on well-known publishers such as The New York Times, The Guardian, The Washington Post, etc.|
|Encyclopedias||Encyclopedias are useful if you are searching for some general information on a subject because they contain summaries and overviews of different topics. So, encyclopedias are the most helpful sources of general background and can be used in the first stages of your research process.|
Tips on Writing a Thesis Statement
A thesis statement is the core of your research paper. It reflects its purpose and key idea. To come up with a perfect thesis statement, follow our advice:
- Know your purpose. You should clearly understand the aim of your research project. Do you want to find a correlation between two variables? Discover something new? Motivate your audience for an action? The readers should grasp your goal from your thesis statement.
- Be concise. Clarity is the key requirement for a thesis statement. So, try to be as clear and precise as possible.
- Give direction. A strong thesis statement becomes a guideline for your readers and directs them throughout the entire research paper. From your thesis statement, the audience should understand what to expect from your work.
In terms of paper structure, a thesis statement should appear at the end of your introduction, ideally as the last sentence.
If you have difficulties formulating a thesis statement, try our free tool. And let’s also take a look at some examples of thesis statements. In the following paper, the thesis statement clearly reflects the purpose of the research:
In the eye of an employer and through human resource department, this paper seeks to evaluate the quality of health care strategy to be provided for employees by health contractors.
The readers clearly understand that the author aims to evaluate the health care strategy.
In another academic work, the author divides their thesis into two sentences to avoid redundancy. Let’s take a closer look at it:
This paper will set out to discuss why sexual harassment is so prevalent in the hospitality industry. It will then highlight the negative consequences of harassment and suggest ways in which the human resources department of the company can prevent these incidents.
After reading this thesis, the readers clearly understand of the author’s aim and the expected outcomes of the research project.
Thank you for reading our article! We hope it was useful and full of valuable insights. Don’t forget to share our research paper topics with your friends. Sharing is caring! And good luck with your research paper.