Academic writing is diverse and covers a wide array of subjects. Controversial essays are among the assignments that learners encounter in college. It is a type of essay that evokes hot debates and opinions for college students. Controversial papers are a form of persuasive writing since the author must take a stance on a particular issue and convince the readers to accept the stated perspective.
exclusive & plagiarism-free paper
for $13.00 $11.05/page
What are some very controversial topics? Our experts have compiled different lists of controversial topics for research papers to inspire your writing.
✨ 15 Best Controversial Essay Topics to Write About
- Is today’s government system corrupt?
- Does health insurance have many flaws?
- Should clergymen be allowed to marry?
- Should the death penalty be legalized?
- Is fasting healthy?
- Does our society undervalue sleep?
- The problem of benefits for immigrants.
- Does content on YouTube need regulation?
- Should corporations pay more taxes?
- Is arts education necessary?
- Should schools work uninterrupted?
- Gender separation in sports.
- Elections to the supreme court.
💡 Controversial Topics for Teenagers
Searching for controversial topics for teens? You can get numerous high school-level topics since teenagers love to explore new subjects with an argumentative aspect. Here are some controversial topics to talk about in an exceptional academic paper:
- How to curb drug trade in the USA?
- Smartphones as a learning aid.
- Effective ways to conserve energy.
- Why do girls face more pressure than boys?
- Factors affecting international trade.
- Pros and cons of legalizing marijuana.
- Why do teenagers worship celebrities?
- Is it wrong for teenagers to have romantic relationships?
- Effects of peer pressure on self-esteem.
- Artificial Intelligence: the dark side.
- How to curb bullying in schools.
👪 Controversial Parenting Topics
Parenting is challenging, and most people try to figure it out along the way. That is why it sets the ground for contentious debates. Most college tutors often assign students to write essays that argue different parenting issues. Let us look at some good controversial essay topics to jumpstart your writing.
- Child influenza immunization: To vaccinate or not?
- Breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding.
- The right time to wean your baby.
- Monitoring screen time for children.
- How to set healthy parent-child boundaries?
- Effects of overindulging children.
- Is child abuse related to depression in adulthood?
- Circumcision in young babies.
- Posting your child’s pictures on social media.
- How do parents influence a child’s criminal behavior?
- The impact of media on parental styles.
🎓 Controversial Science Topics
Science is a broad subject with exciting occurrences. Students often find it challenging to pick suitable topics for their research assignments. Below are controversial science topics to help you compose an exceptional essay.
exclusive paper on any topic
in only 3 hours
- Causes of diabetes type 1.
- How does breast milk boost immunity?
- The safety of genetically modified versus organic foods.
- The impact of human activities on climate change.
- Should animal testing be banned?
- Ways to reduce the effects of global warming.
- Why should human cloning be banned?
- Marijuana is a medicinal drug.
- Science is the cause of new virus-causing diseases.
- Is there life on other planets?
Controversial Technology Topics
Technology plays a significant role in today’s modern world. People rely on technology to make life easier in many sectors. Despite its advances, technology also has some negative consequences. Thus, it is a rich ground for crafting debatable, controversial statements. Here are a few topic examples for college students.
- The science behind stem cell technology.
- Artificial Intelligence will take over humans in the future.
- The effect of technology on human interaction.
- Social media increases mental health issues.
- Computers are replacing the human workforce.
- The ethical aspect of genetic modification.
- The role of technology in modern-day wars.
- Social media kills individual productivity.
- Limitations on human and animal medical testing.
- Should hospitals regulate infertility technologies?
Controversial Biology Topics
Biology is the scientific study of all living things. It covers botany, medicine, microbiology, genetics, and zoology. Most colleges offering Biology courses often use the study to advance research programs. Due to its argumentative nature, Biology has a background of contentious debates. Let us explore some of the controversial biology topics you can use for your academic essay.
- Long-term effect of parasites on the immune system.
- Can DNA modification cure immune disorders?
- Discuss the biological impact of animal vaccination.
- The relationship between anxiety and gut infection.
- The pervasive power of evolution.
- How does global warming affect the environment?
- Is it right to control the growth of the human population?
- The principle of natural selection.
- How GMOs affect ecology in the modern world.
- The principles of photosynthesis in plants.
- What are the distinctions between mitosis and meiosis?
- The impact of proper nutrition on the mechanisms of human digestion.
- How do the sense organs of mammals work?
Controversial Animal Topics
Picking a good topic on animals is quite a challenge for many students. You need to brainstorm and find a subject you are interested in to compose an excellent document. Here is a list of topics for a controversial essay you can choose from:
- Why animal cruelty should be prosecuted by law.
- Water pollution affects aquatic life.
- Do all animals have rights?
- The ethical side of trophy hunting.
- Poaching and its consequences on animals.
- Horse racing: Does it violate animal rights?
- The effect of animal euthanasia.
- Factory farming of animals is not ethical.
- Animal testing is a necessary evil.
- Zoo keeping should be banned.
- Humans should not rear animals for food.
- The role of humans on animal extinction.
- Poachers should receive a harsh punishment.
🌾 Controversial Food Topics
When it comes to food, people have different opinions of what is healthy or not. Thus, food topics form a basis for rich arguments in academic writing. Let us look at a few controversial food topics to help you write an excellent essay.
- Why should you avoid genetically modified foods?
- Should fast foods be banned?
- Consuming excess calories results in obesity.
- Discuss the causes of sedentary diseases.
- Is intermittent fasting a healthy approach to fitness?
- The issues behind food safety in modern-day agriculture.
- The relationship between malnutrition and child development.
- Discuss the dangers of food additives.
- Causes of childhood obesity.
- Childhood obesity as an urgent problem of epidemiology.
🚑 Medical Controversial Topics for Research Paper
The medical sector relies on research to identify the causes of healthcare issues and discover new treatments. Thus, medicine is broad and complex with numerous subjects. That is why most medical students grapple with finding the perfect topic for their research assignment. The following are controversial health topics to lead you in the right direction.
by using our discount!
- Why should healthcare be affordable to all people?
- The societal perception of test-tube babies.
- The link between air pollution and poor health.
- Free healthcare for poor citizens.
- Painkiller addiction in the US: persuasive speech.
- Significance of stem cell research.
- Is it ethical to lose weight through a surgical procedure?
- Should alcohol consumption be legally banned?
- The link between nutrition and genetics.
Controversial Health Topics
Healthcare is an essential service since the sector has professionals who save human lives. Since the industry is dependent on research, it sparks debates on different issues. Below are some health topics to inspire your research writing.
- Should medical errors be legally prosecuted to improve healthcare quality?
- Doctors promote specific medical products.
- The consequences of cosmetic surgery.
- Assisted suicide for patients with terminal illnesses.
- Long-term effect of medicine overuse for minor problems.
- Impact of video games on a child’s health.
- Pros and cons of technology in healthcare.
- Rules governing organ transplantation.
- Pros and cons of Artificial Intelligence in the medical sector.
- Discuss the negative consequences of IVF.
Controversial Genetics Topics
Students pursuing medicine face contentious debates when it comes to issues surrounding genetics. The subject is usually quite interesting to handle from religion to ethical perspectives if you find the right topic. Here are a few controversial genetics topics for your research assignment.
- Implications of genetic modification.
- An analysis of gene expression.
- The role of technology in human organ farming.
- An analysis of genetic engineering.
- How do DNA changes influence aging?
- The impact of artificial insemination on humans.
- Is homosexuality a genetic trait?
- The ethical implications of human cloning.
- Gene editing as a solution to genetic disorders.
- The impact of cloning on future generations.
- Does RNA binding treat cancer?
- An analysis of gene markers on phenotypes.
- The relationship between substance addiction and gene alteration.
- Discuss the causes of genetic mutations.
Controversial Topics in Psychology
Psychology is a scientific study of the human mind and behavioral traits. It is a multifaceted course with many subject areas. You must conduct extensive research when writing controversial debate topics. Let us explore some of the themes you can select to compose a persuasive paper.
- The effects of family challenges on a child’s psychology.
- A comprehensive analysis of brainwashing practices.
- The influence of media violence on children.
- Discuss the leading causes of depression.
- Impact of child play therapy on mental health.
- What is social anxiety?
- Gender parity in modern society.
- How corporal punishment affects children in schools.
- Evaluate emotional intelligence in adults.
- Impact of gender stereotypes on teenagers.
Plastic Surgery Controversial Essay Ideas
Since plastic surgery was introduced to society, it has been one of the most debatable topics. Many tutors often assign the topics in psychology courses to invoke constructive arguments. Let us explore some controversial essay ideas on plastic surgery.
- The dark side of plastic surgery.
- How does the media influence beauty standards?
- The role of cultural values in enhancing beauty through surgery.
- Why do more women alter their image more than men?
- The role of psychology in image transformation.
- Discuss the pros and cons of plastic surgery.
- What are the long-term risks involved in cosmetic surgery?
- Does plastic surgery increase self-esteem?
- Should plastic surgery be banned?
- Do some people face plastic surgery addiction?
- The relationship between plastic surgery and personality issues.
- Cosmetic surgery is perceived to be for wealthy people.
- Discuss the positive side of plastic surgery.
- Why is plastic surgery common among celebrities?
🎨 Controversial Art Topics
Art is an expressive and diverse subject. It entails painting, music, literature, poetry, sculpture, and dance. Crafting an art research paper is easy if you choose an exciting topic. Thus, take a look at some controversial art topics to help you write impressive essays.
write you a plagiarism-free paper
tailored to your instructions.
- Discuss the history of pre-historic art.
- The role of museums in promoting art.
- The influence of Nazi ideology on the German art.
- Gender disparities in musical preferences.
- Significance of jewelry pieces in the art industry.
- The use of religious symbols in ancient art.
- The pros and cons of hip-hop culture.
- Self-expressionism: Evaluate the origin.
- What is renaissance art?
- Mis-en-scene analysis in “The Godfather” film.
🕌 Controversial Religion Topics
Religion has always sparked controversial debates among many people. With different religions globally, many individuals have their beliefs and perspectives on societal issues. That is why religion is a strong foundation for argumentative essays in school. We have listed some controversial religious topics to help you during your essay compositions.
- Should religion be part of the school curriculum?
- The link between religion and women’s role.
- The significance of religion in upholding moral values.
- Why are religious leaders considered hypocrites by society?
- Religion and human cloning: The thin line.
- The influence of religion on human nature.
- The impact of interfaith families on children.
- Atheism: The freethinkers in society.
- The relationship between religion and the state.
- An analysis of religion and tourism relationships.
Controversial Christian Topics
Christianity is a type of religion where the believers follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. It has a large number of followers all over the world. Despite its popularity, Christianity is not devoid of controversies. You can pick exciting topics that usually form the basis for research papers. From controversial Bible topics to societal issues, here is a list of inspiring ideas for your essay.
- Why does Christianity not tolerate homosexuality?
- The conception of Mary, mother of Jesus.
- How do Christian views shape people’s way of life?
- Why does the church not support the death penalty?
- The controversies surrounding polygamous marriages.
- An analysis of the bible on Christianity.
- Abortion: The perspective of Christians.
- Why are most churches against birth control measures?
- The influence of Christianity on political resistance.
- The Catholic Church vs. the Protestants.
- Why has the church not embraced women leadership?
- Discuss the origin of Christianity.
- The importance of attending church every Sunday.
- The meaning of baptism.
Muslim Controversial Topics
Muslims are a religious group of people following Islamic teachings, and they believe in a supreme being called Allah. Here are some controversial Muslim topics to help you write an exceptional essay.
- Discuss the rose of Islam.
- Does Islam value women in society?
- The influence of Islam in politics.
- The negative perception of Muslims around the world.
- Discuss the impact of radical Islam.
- The positive side of Muslim banking.
- Is Islam a peaceful religion?
- Discuss the culture of Muslims in modern society.
- The role of Prophet Mohammed.
- The link between Islam and communism.
- An analysis of marriage and family.
- The impact of Islam on Europe’s economy and politics.
🎓 Controversial Education Topics
Education is a robust sector globally because it facilitates learning and shapes society. Most middle school tutors assign learners research papers on education. You can get endless controversial education topics on the list below and write an excellent essay.
- Teaching history in high school.
- New education policies in the contemporary society.
- The benefits and drawbacks of sex education.
- Teaching and learning processes in Dubai schools.
- An analysis of primary education: A case study of different countries.
- The role of technology in enhancing learning.
- AI-powered teaching practices.
- Involving parents in the education process.
- The pros and cons of ethics education in nursing.
- Should teachers offer moral guidance to learners?
Controversial Topics in Early Childhood Education
Here is a list of inspiring topic ideas from the list below:
- Should technology be introduced in early education?
- Behavior modification in pre-school.
- Classroom pets: Pros and cons.
- Rules governing early childhood education.
- Signs of an abused child.
- The influence of the environment on a child’s literacy.
- How does early learning affect brain development?
- Significance of creative learning in pre-school.
- Low pay in early childhood education.
- Instilling professionalism in kindergarten teachers.
Controversial Topics in Special Education
Special education focuses on teaching children with special needs. This subject is quite diverse with debatable views. Here are some suggestions in this field.
- Should special needs children be included in a mainstream class?
- Is a behavior intervention plan an insensitive approach to disabled students?
- Discuss the challenges of social interaction.
- Special education should be offered in different schools.
- Are students with ASD more prone to bullying compared to neurotypical students?
- Discuss the best learning practices for special needs children.
- Special education requires professionally trained educators.
- The role of parents in special education.
- Special needs children should be homeschooled.
- The impact of technology on enhanced learning.
- The importance of speech-language therapists.
- Why are special needs children prone to bullying?
- Disabled children should access free education.
- The influence of cultural diversity in special education.
- ADHD: A cause for special education or not.
❔ Controversial Questions
What is the most controversial question in the world? Numerous issues cause hot debates, and others might result in violence. Here are controversial questions causing heated arguments in today’s modern world.
- Should nations legalize same-sex marriages?
- Do animals have rights?
- Is marriage equality realistic?
- Should child marriage be banned?
- Should gay couples adopt children?
- Is the human trafficking problem manageable?
- Should religion be taught in schools?
- Are humans the primary cause of climate change?
- Which is superior? Science or religion?
- Should juveniles be prosecuted as adults?
🎥 Controversial Podcast Topics
Searching for controversial podcast topics in 2021? Worry no more. We have current topic examples you can choose from to keep your podcast running.
- The art of being vulnerable.
- How to curb mental health disorders?
- Feminism in modern society.
- Are university degrees overrated?
- How social media influences an individual’s personality.
- Global pandemics: A conspiracy theory.
- The benefits of urban farming.
- Usher syndrome: A mental health issue.
- How to improve your finances sustainably?
- The meaning of dreams.
- How can the government address air pollution?
💻 Controversial Blog Topics
Need some interesting themes to boost your blog writing? You are in the right place. Have a look at the following mind-blowing topics to guide your compositions.
- The thin line between money and power.
- Print media is dead.
- Tutorial on how to be rich.
- Infographic of trends in the Irish culture.
- Case study of Jeff Bezos.
- How to go on vacation on a tight budget?
- How to adopt a frugal lifestyle?
- Different types of social media networks.
- Self-improvement tips.
- Social media is a highlight reel.
- Robots will replace the human workforce.
🎭 Funny Controversial Topics
Essay writing is never that serious sometimes. Why not engage your readers with humor-spiced subjects to lift their spirits? We have compiled a list of controversial debate topics laced with humor to help you relate with your audience effectively.
- Mondays should be banned. Agree or disagree.
- If world leaders were women, there would be no wars.
- Pretty girls are judged for their beauty.
- Is the earth flat?
- Would you rather be rich and dumb or poor and smart?
- Social media influencers have no practical life skills.
- Religion brainwashes people into slavery. True or false.
- Nursery rhymes are twisted songs.
- Should homework be abolished?
- Is beauty more important than brains?
- Should typing be taught in school instead of handwriting?
- Technology makes people lazy.
- Animals have feelings.
- Humans are more dangerous than animals.
- Social media has turned people into stalkers.
🏆 Controversial Sports Topics
Many people are passionate about sports, students included. That is why it is among the best subjects for essay writing prompts. Below is a list of ideas you can consider for your next argumentative assignment.
- The scandal with Terrelle Pryor.
- Female and male athletes should earn equal pay.
- The effects of doping in the athletic industry.
- Is cheerleading considered sports?
- Sports reduce depressive episodes.
- Colleges should pay students to participate in sports.
- The controversy of steroids in sports.
- Are cyber gamers professional sportspeople?
- The impact of sports in enhancing cognitive skills.
- The influence of sports in improving social ties.
- The environmental impact of sports: London 2012 Olympics analysis.
- Athletes need regular counseling sessions on stress management.
- Underage children should not play American football.
❓ How to Choose the Right Controversial Topics
Topic selection is crucial in an essay assignment. Here a few simple steps to help you with the right choice:
- Read the prompt carefully to understand the professor’s expectations. Make sure you identify the type of essay you are required to write. Whether it is a debate or a persuasive piece, knowing what your tutor expects from you is imperative.
- Proceed to brainstorm the subject matter and come up with several controversial topics. Pick a relevant topic and research thoroughly to establish if the content is enough for your essay. It is advisable to choose a topic that is neither too broad nor too narrow. You might experience information overload or a lack of essential information. Moreover, choose a familiar topic to avoid wasting time during the composition.
- Design your essay outline with the introduction, main body, and conclusion when you find an appropriate topic. Usually, the introduction entails the hook sentence, thesis statement, and background information. The main body, in its turn, contains the main arguments for and against the major issue. Lastly, the conclusion summarizes the essay’s points.
Still stuck on where to get interesting research paper topics? Essay writing is a simple task if you have the right topic examples. Let us help you choose the best controversial topics for research papers and craft top-notch persuasive essays that impress your professor. Talk to us and experience professionalism and quality in our services.