Online Summarizer: Make a Summary for Free 
Summarizing texts can be a challenging task. Do you want to speed up the process? We’ve got something that can help you. Our free summarizer quickly shortens all kinds of texts. Reduce any paper down to a handful of sentences in the blink of an eye!
From this article, you will learn:
- Unique ways of utilizing a summarizer.
- How to write a perfect original summary.
- How to come up with a great summary using a checklist.
- Pros and cons of using summarizing software and doing it manually.
- Answers to frequently asked questions.
☑️ How to Use Our Summarizer Tool
Your teacher assigned you an impossible amount of reading material. How can you finish all of it in time? Luckily, you’ve found the best summarizing tool. It quickly condenses any scientific paper to its core parts. Let’s see how it works:
- Paste your text into the generator.
- Pick the number of sentences you want in your summary.
- Click Summarize My Text.
You’ll get your summary and the keywords. The numbers in parentheses show how often they appear in the paper. Copy the results, and you're done!
👍 What Else You Can Do With Our Summary Maker
The plagiarism-free summarizer shortens texts to just a few paragraphs. But it's also capable of other things. Let's see what else it can create:
- Summaries for scientific papers. Here, you restate the content of a source under analysis. Such summaries help you set the argumentation for your essay. It's also useful for writing bibliographies.
- A summary statement. Put a synopsis at the top of your resume. It will immediately tell the hiring manager about your qualifications.
- Executive summaries. These are brief overviews for CEOs and supervisors. They cover the highlights and purpose of a report.
Furthermore, the tool can serve the following functions:
- Main idea generator. Not sure about a text’s key arguments? The professional online summarizer will help you identify them.
- Text compactor. Use it to shorten sentences in your essay.
- Conclusion creator. Conclusions synthesize main points at the end of your research. Say why your work matters and mention its prospects.
- Online abstract maker. An abstract is a comprehensive summary that condenses your text to 250 words. Our tool allows you to generate abstracts for research papers or APA style essays.
As you can see, the generator can assist you with a variety of tasks. Keep reading to learn all you need to make your summary perfect.
🤔 How to Create a Plagiarism-Free Summary
Plagiarizing is passing off someone else’s writing as yours. It can happen to every student, accidentally or not. Do you want to know how to summarize an article or a book without plagiarizing? Check out these tips:
- Paraphrase your sources. It’s crucial to write in your own words. Change the sentence structure, use a variety of synonyms.
- If you want to summarize a book, find the thesis in the introduction. Then, retell each chapter in one sentence.
- If you’re recapping a section of a text, check out the topic sentences of each paragraph. Combine them, and you'll have a summary.
- Lastly, don't forget about the correct citation. If you’re uncertain which style you should use, ask your teacher.
Remember: you can always use our summarizing tool without plagiarizing. Then you’ll be 100% certain that your text is original.
💡 Checklist For a Great Summary
Now you might be thinking: aside from avoiding plagiarism, how do I ensure that my summary is perfect? Our checklist will help you with it. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are your sentences short? It's important to make your summary concise and coherent.
- Did you mention the original text’s thesis and all of its central arguments? Clarify everything that needs explanation.
- Is your tone formal? Get rid of all kinds of verbal decoration. You want to focus on the essential information.
- Are you objective? Make sure not to include personal opinion. Otherwise, you'll end up with an analysis instead of a summary.
- Did you understand the idea behind the writing? Find out what the author’s position is, and stick to it.
If your answer to all these questions is positive, your summary is complete!
🖥️ Using Automatic Summarization Software vs. Summarizing Articles Manually
Are you still wondering if you should recap a text yourself or use an online tool? Let's look at the advantages and downsides of each option.
Here’s what you get if you let a summarizer do the work for you:
- The AI automatically filters the crucial information.
- The state-of-the-art Deep Learning mechanisms are unbeatable in terms of speed.
- If you download an app for summarizing, it will be available everywhere you go.
However, there are some disadvantages to this method:
- The summary may be accurate but not very readable.
- Many paraphrasing and summarizing tools can only do extractive summarization. They highlight the essential bits but use the same wording as the original.
If you summarize manually, your advantages are:
- Great readability.
- You can create abstractive summaries. It means you’re using your words. It also shows that you understood the author’s intent.
On the other hand, it can be strenuous and time-consuming.
So, what should you do? The best approach is to combine the two strategies. Use the professional summary maker to create a template. Then, use your own skills to refine it.
We hope our online tool helped you with your assignment. Don't hesitate to use it anytime you need a summary!
- Select the most important information from the source text.
- Reflect upon the whole picture, highlighting the core points.
- Don’t include your personal opinion.
- You can use our free essay summary generator for this task.