90 Really Good Argumentative/Persuasive Essay Topics
Forgive me, for I am here to destroy your last excuse for procrastinating.
You can’t start your essay if you’re too busy looking for a perfect argumentative essay topic, right? Now you can find all you need in our list of free argumentative essay topics.
And here is a pro tip for you:
You can also easily turn these prompts into debate topics or persuasive and argumentative speech topics!
Ninety really good persuasive essay topics are waiting for you just a few lines below. Stop reading now if you’d rather continue your hopeless browsing and complaining.
Controversial argumentative essay topics:
- Gender roles Men shouldn’t open doors for women as a sign of respect to feminism.
- Male pregnancy Further research on male pregnancy. should be sponsored.
- Plastic surgery Actors should be prohibited from having plastic surgeries.
- Abstinence programs Abstinence programs in schools are ineffective.
- Civil unions Civil unions should be granted the same rights as married couples if they live together for 3 years.
- Smoking Smokers are more sociable and open than non-smokers.
- Anorexia Patients diagnosed with anorexia nervosa should be force-fed.
- Religious cartoons Newspapers shouldn’t publish offensive religious articles, cartoons, and jokes.
- Abortion Partial-birth abortion is a murder that can’t be justified.
- Medical decisions Important medical decisions should be made by medical professionals, not parents.
Argumentative essay topics for college:
- Humor Humor is the best stress-coping strategy.
- Dorm All freshmen should live in a dorm to understand what college life really is like.
- Facebook Students shouldn’t add teachers as friends on Facebook.
- Extracurriculars Extracurricular activities should be made obligatory.
- Junk food Skipping meals is better than eating junk food.
- Bullying Bullies can stimulate other students’ self-development.
- Wikipedia Wikipedia is appropriate for college students.
- Campus Hate speech on campus should be banned.
- Classes College classes should start later than 10 a.m.
- Grades Grades can’t measure students’ intelligence and performance.
Easy argumentative essay topics about business:
- Business An office dress code can boost employees’ performance.
- Bankruptcy The top reason for bankruptcy is poor leadership.
- Chinese Chinese should be promoted as the new language for international communication.
- Human Resources HR managers should use lie detectors for interviewing applicants and employees.
- Management Delegating responsibilities is the key to effective management.
- Marketing The advertising of harmful products, such as alcohol and cigarettes, should be banned.
- Advertising Sexist advertising should be banned.
The easiest persuasive essay topics you could find:
- Schools Single-sex schools are good for education.
- Video games The sale of violent video games should be banned.
- Bullying Bullies should be held legally responsible for what they do.
- Actors Music and movie stars shouldn’t support any political parties.
- Newspapers Newspapers are a thing of the past.
- Diets The promotion of diets should be outlawed.
- Music censorship Music lyrics glorifying criminal lifestyles should be censored.
- Media The media should be restricted when reporting violent crimes.
- Motherhood All mothers should be obliged to stay at home and care for their children.
- Global language The globalized world needs a new lingua franca - a global language.
- Peacemaking There can be such a thing as a just war.
- Parenting All parents should attend parenting classes.
- Atheism Atheists miss many opportunities to enjoy life.
- Fetuses Fetuses should be screened for heritable diseases.
Fresh persuasive essay topics for a heated dispute:
- Globalization Intergovernmental unions do more harm than good (e.g. the crisis in Greece).
- Voting Voting apathy won’t change until we change the entire system.
- Citizenship All kids who were born in a state should receive citizenship of that state.
- Political parties Political parties should engage more young people.
- Socialism Socialism is a thing of the past.
- Prisoners Prisoners should have the right to vote.
- Working hours Weekly working hours should be legally reduced to 25.
- Housewives Housewives should receive salaries for their work.
- Donors Sperm donors should retain their anonymity.
- Corporal punishment Corporal punishment does more harm than good.
Interesting topics for argumentative essays:
- Teachers Teachers should be able to carry guns at school.
- Marriages Arranged marriages in Muslim families should be banned.
- Linguistics Jargon is the result of language evolution.
- Google Google autocomplete function is offensive.
- Airlines Excess weight fees in airplanes should be banned.
- College Searching students’ lockers can be useful.
- Police Police should have the right to confiscate the cars of drivers who text while driving.
- Drivers Drivers should pay fines if they honk in non-emergency situations.
- Nazism Nazi ideology has nothing to do with Nietzsche’s philosophy.
- Slavery Slavery was an inevitable stage in society’s development.
Argumentative essay topics itching to be written about:
- Inquisition The Spanish Inquisition postponed technological revolution for at least a century.
- Pearl Harbor The attack on Pearl Harbor was a turning point in the history of WWII.
- Education Teaching handwriting is obsolete.
- Placebo The “placebo effect” should be used for curing all diseases in their initial stages.
- First atomic bombs The atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki can’t be morally justified.
- Museums All the world’s museums should send artifacts back to their countries of origin.
- Nurses Governments should attract more male nurses.
- Religion vs. medicine Jehovah’s Witnesses should be forced to undergo medical treatment.
- Social media Facebook can be effective for establishing relationships.
Some more persuasive paper topics:
- Online dating Online dating is a poor basis for a relationship.
- Google Glass Google Glass can cause more car accidents.
- Children After they turn 21, children should have a legal obligation to take care of their parents.
- E-waste Sending electronic waste to developing countries should be prohibited.
- Addictions Everyone has some kind of addiction.
- Music Favorite music can heal.
- Earphones Wearing earphones while speaking to someone is offensive.
- Rehabilitation centers The atmosphere of rehabilitation centers does more harm than good to elderly patients.
- Marriage Early marriages are bad for personal development.
- Parachutes Parachuting is great for curing depression.
Funny persuasive essay topics:
- Dogs Dogs make better pets than cats.
- Chocolate People should have at least a little bit of chocolate with every meal.
- Selfies Selfies should be recognized as a modern form of art.
- Ketchup Ketchup makes all food taste better (including pizza).
- Classes Students should be allowed to sleep in class.
- Technology Apple is better than Samsung but worse than Google.
- Pets People should be allowed to bring their pets to school and work.
- Super powers Telekinesis is the best super power.
- Coffee A free cup of coffee should be given to students in every class.
- Facebook Facebook should limit how many baby pictures people can post.
After reading so many great argument essay topics, you really have no excuse not to get started.
Still don’t feel like writing your persuasive essay right now?
Want to do it yourself but don’t know how to write an argumentative essay?
And for the ultimate source of help, check out some persuasive essay examples from WikiHow.
Good luck to you and keep on writing!